Monday, August 4, 2008

The Laughing Man

the laughing man
The Laughing man symbol has become something of a cult image since its appearance in the "ghost in the shell/ stand alone complex" series. "In the Ghost in the Shell series, Laughing Man proves to be the ultimate hacker, capable of such feats as hijacking multiple video streams simultaneously, taking over someone’s cybernetic brain entirely, or even editing his own images out of someone’s cybernetic eyes, and all in real time."
The words "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." rotate around the image. This is a quote from The Catcher in the Rye. In the book in continues to read "That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life".
Ha!
It's one of the coolest images ever......
speaking of hackers, did you ever see that clip in which the "Anonymous" waged a war against the church of scientology
yeah yeah there it is...
easy now....

No comments: